Re: clay question

From: margaret-jayne
Date: Thu Apr 13 2000 - 16:01:15 PDT

    Dear Jackie, yes to both of these! Newspaper is a really common thing to use in this way and will just disintegrate into ash. I have also used tea-bags, but if you try this, watch out for the smoke. Pretty much anything that is burnable is ok to use in my experience, but newspaper is particularly ideal because it burns away quickly. I use it all the time for handbuilding stoneware items,could hardly manage without it!
    The best thing is to experiment, at least that's what they told us at uni. here in England!
    Happy firing!
    Margaret.