Re: clay question

From: Todd Osborne (osborne)
Date: Thu Apr 13 2000 - 15:48:40 PDT

    I find that firing clay with wire is hit or miss. As the clay shrinks
    around the wire it can tend to crack.

    You can fire with newspaper as long as you kiln is WELL venelated. I
    wouldn't do it if the kiln is in the classroom with the students. If you do
    this don't enclose the newspaper completely with clay. Its like putting a
    hand grenade in with everyone else's work!

    There is an email discussion group similar to this called ClayArt, but I
    cant remember how I subscribed right now. If anyone is interested I can
    look it up and post it tomorrow.

    Todd Osborne
    osborne

    Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist.