camp on a shoe string

From: San D Hasselman (kprs)
Date: Thu Apr 13 2000 - 13:57:40 PDT

    Craft foam (thin sheets of colorful foam)--used to make rubber stamps
    Clay (the kind you fire--you can probably fire at your school--or I
    fired in a small electric kiln that I own--or if you put an ad in the
    paper you might scare up a free kiln)
       You make clay beads with the kids...25lb block of clay which is cheap
    goes a long way.

    Rubber bands and Rit dye--tie dye is always cheap if the kids bring
    their own shirts

    Cardboard (you can get this stuff free all over the place)

    Aluminum cans (again free)

    glue, paint, markers, scissors, pencils (which your camp may have
    already)

    yarn (which you can probably get donated)

    hangers

    masking tape

    There you go, you've got a camp art experience on a shoe string!

    San D

    ---