pulling classes... question

From: Teri Mason (terily)
Date: Thu Apr 13 2000 - 12:31:47 PDT

    Hi Gang,
      I have a situation that I am dealing with that is kind of bothering
    me... maybe y'all can tell me if it's normal or not. The music teacher
    (new this year) has been routinely pulling the students from a given
    grade level for a week or two at a time to practice for "shows" that
    they do for the parents. This time, I have to give up my 3rd graders
    for TWO WEEKS!! This is after not having them all this week because of
    TAAS testing and preparation. We are in the middle of a painting
    project, and now (since I see them only once per week anyway) it will
    most likely be the last project of the year (only 5 classes left
    anyway). I had wanted to squeeze in a clay project, something simple,
    before school let out. I am really frustrated. And to top it off, I am
    EXPECTED to go down there and help with her program (ie: babysit because
    she cannot handle all the kids at once). I might add that I have not
    complained and that she did not offer to help with Gallery NIght, nor
    did she even show up to support my program, yet I and the PE teachers
    have to help her AND give up valuable class time! Sorry to vent, I'd
    just like your opinions on whether you all have to do this, too. I've
    never had to do this before (in past 10 years) except maybe for 1 day of
    practice (like a dress rehearsal all together).

    teri

    ---