Re: $50.00 for summer art camp/ big questions

From: Sharon Henneborn (heneborn)
Date: Thu Apr 13 2000 - 12:42:20 PDT

    Consider how much they are paying you and how much time you are
    spending gathering materials. That should be factored in. Hopefully
    they are not getting an art program from you for peanuts. How much
    are the students paying for these classes and what kind of
    expectations come with them?

    ----------
    >From: John & Sandra Barrick <astroboy>
    >Subject: Re: $50.00 for summer art camp
    >Date: Thu, Apr 13, 2000, 12:18 PM

    > mtaylor wrote:
    >> HELP!Should I have reacted surprisingly when the director of the summer
    >> arts camp told me my budget was $50 for the four weeks for about 80 kids?
    >> That is about 15 cents per child.
     thinking along the same lines. Nature crafts/art. Collection of
    > leaves, cones, sticks. I a have a few lessons for fun nature crafts
    > if you want contact me below and I'll be happy to share. I would
     recommend GLUE. I would also see what you can get donated, Mattboard
     to use for printing, You could even print assemblage. So ink or
     paint if they have. Assemblage collage/sculpture out of what they
     find and can recycle out of trash at camp and pathways. Endless
     paper pencil, crayon marker activities. Sumi style painting Is there
     a running theme in this camp for different weeks. is this a sleep
     over camp? Perhaps making banners or flags for different groups.
     Sandra
    > astroboy

    ---