Re: $50.00 for summer art camp

From: John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Date: Thu Apr 13 2000 - 09:18:51 PDT

    mtaylor wrote:

    > HELP!Should I have reacted surprisingly when the director of the summer
    > arts camp told me my budget was $50 for the four weeks for about 80 kids?
    > That is about 15 cents per child.
    Okay my first reaction was anger but then I calmed down. I guess
    it's no surprise that 50.00 in their eyes would be duable. Before
    writing the email I noticed lawrence responded and I too was
    thinking along the same lines. Nature crafts/art. Collection of
    leaves, cones, sticks. I a have a few lessons for fun nature crafts
    if you want contact me below and I'll be happy to share. I would
    recommend GLUE. I would also see what you can get donated, Mattboard
    to use for printing, You could even print assemblage. So ink or
    paint if they have. Assemblage collage/sculpture out of what they
    find and can recycle out of trash at camp and pathways. Endless
    paper pencil, crayon marker activities. Sumi style painting Is there
    a running theme in this camp for different weeks. is this a sleep
    over camp? Perhaps making banners or flags for different groups.
    Don't forget a few books for ideas. Nature crafts and summer
    activities.
    Sandra
    astroboy

    ---