Help! (extra money)

From: Donald Peters (softsnow)
Date: Thu Apr 13 2000 - 06:20:06 PDT

    Ok. My principal asked me yesterday if there was anything new I needed
    equipment wise. (I was so shocked I couldn't say anything--this is the same
    man who last year around this time was trying to get me fired because I told
    him I couldn't do a project he wanted in one day) and when he told me he was
    already ordering me a digital camera, I almost passed out.

    So, my dilemma is this: I CANNOT pass this opportunity up, but am having a
    hard time coming up with something that I can justify. He wants to use the
    money on equipment, not supplies. I teach elementary art and already have a
    kiln, drying racks, computer, printer, scanner, overhead projector... I'm
    getting a digital television through our technology incentives; we can't
    order additional computers because of the technology bond the district
    passed...

    I've thought things like a printing press or light-table, but don't think I
    would use them enough to justify spending the money... Any ideas out there?
    I want to make a proposal quick as this man is known to change his mind from
    day to day.

    Thanks for the help,
    Pat