Re: Panthose Sculptures (Gail)

From: Janjarreau
Date: Wed Apr 12 2000 - 20:45:30 PDT

    In a message dated 4/12/00 9:42:22 PM Central Daylight Time, Gail1611
    writes:

    <<
     Thanks! I am using acrylic paint but I need some ideas for different
     finishes, like rubbing a second color over another. Gail

    Yes Gail, many of the students were doing this today. I call it dry
    brushing. I pulled out some gold and silver acrylic today (was saving it for
    accents) and they used it for dry brushing along with other colors. They
    look expensive that way. I also demonstrated an antique wash with a homemade
    black. Real watery black or dark paint all over the project and then wipe it
    down. The dark caught in the creases. I think Sharon suggested they make
    them look like stone. One boy did black and white and it looked like marble.
     Many did the drip painting, but they all got to looking alike so many of
    them kept at it are getting some nice effects. I will be sending out some
    pictures soon.
    Janice

    ---