Powerful statement

From: frecklesspot (frecklesspot)
Date: Wed Apr 12 2000 - 19:03:51 PDT

    Sharon said:
    "I mention this because there is a correlation between this and
    teachers who draw on students work. Some do because they want to be
    helpful and the help is misguided, and others do it because they need
    to be needed. Either way it creates helpless students and that is not
    what we are about. Accomplishment is empowering."

    I have always felt this way. I feel it is very important for students to "own" their artwork. Thanks for the support

    Judy in OK

    ---