Re: Henry Moore answer

From: John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Date: Wed Apr 12 2000 - 16:45:45 PDT

    Woody Duncan wrote:

    > I believe there are 12 or 13 monumental Moores on installed around the
    > Nelson grounds. Inside there is an excellent display of maquettes and models.
    > The work is very well displayed. The exact number they have I am not
    > really sure.
    > They had a couple of large pieces prior to the Hall foundation purchase.
    > There
    That's true woody they only exhibit a few (some outside) but their
    collection that was left to them was over 300. Hmmmm i have a friend
    who is in charge of putting the installations together at the
    Natural history museum in Chicago, he was in sculpture under Dale
    Eldred at the time I think this may have happened. I also have a
    friend who would definitely know but he lives in a Forest preserve
    in Wisconsin, no elec. no computer, off the land kinda guy, it may
    take a while to get a message to him but he has every piece of
    information he's ever read or heard ,stored in his head he would
    definitely know. Plus he remembers the names and dates of all the
    paintings not in view in the basement of the nelson. I'll look into
    this.
    Sandra

    ---