Re: Henry Moore answer

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan)
Date: Wed Apr 12 2000 - 14:14:40 PDT

    I believe there are 12 or 13 monumental Moores on installed around the
    Nelson grounds. Inside there is an excellent display of maquettes and models.
    The work is very well displayed. The exact number they have I am not
    really sure.
    They had a couple of large pieces prior to the Hall foundation purchase.
     There
    was a large collection acquired over time by a rich couple in Wichita.
    When it was
    sold a Japanese concern got half and Hallmark the other half. Until
    just recently
    they were on loan to the Nelson. A short while back the Hallmark foundation
    deeded the collection of Mores over to the Nelson.
                                            Woody in KC

    --
                           To respond to me privately via E-mail
                               click on wduncan