students too serious!

From: Sea Pearly (seapearls_)
Date: Tue Apr 11 2000 - 21:59:21 PDT

    I am doing a cartooning unit with my students right now and it isn't
    working!

    I've done this method before and it is usually great. It is called breaking
    the barriers. It is an easy fun and non-threaten approach to cartooning.

    I am perplexed as to why there is a problem.

    My students really wanted to do this unit!

    All I can figure out is that they are taking this all very seriously. They
    just can't seem to play.

    I'm gonna start the next class with everyone making faces and see if this
    loosens them up.

    Any other suggestions?

    Shar