Re: This in one for the Tech-Web people

From: Clark Fralick (cfralick)
Date: Tue Apr 11 2000 - 19:21:28 PDT

    Judy,

    My only thought about this is this: I am assuming you are on a PC. right?

    There is a difference in how 640X 480 looks on a PC versus a mac. It has to
    do with the fonts or something. The fonts look bigger on a MAC vs PC. When I
    started making web pages, I didn't even think about this. Everyone has told
    me to design a webpage no larger than 580 pixals across. This will appear as
    640 on all monitors. I know on my 17 inch monitor it looks small but in most
    cases, people are looking at it in a default mode (640X400) or (800X600).
    There aresome free tracking services that can tell you what operating
    system,screen resolution, browser and version people are using when they
    visit your sight. This was very helpful to me. There are other free services
    that can let you see your web page as it appears in all different types of
    computers, ie mac and pc. I hope this sheds a small ray of light to your
    question.

    Clark

    ---