Re: This in one for the Tech-Web people

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan)
Date: Tue Apr 11 2000 - 18:19:20 PDT

    Judy,
            Your pages look great, well designed, clean, pleasing and easy to
    navigate around.
    I am on an i-Mac, and I find almost everything looks terrible in the
    480x640 mode. I keep
    mine set at 1024x768 so it looked good to me. I tried all three
    settings and only the
    480x640 ran things off the screen. I have the same problem with our
    computer lab at
    school. They have the computers rigged so the students can't mess with
    the settings.
    I'm sure that is wise but it sure bugs me that I can't change the
    settings. My own web
    pages look terrible in the lab at 480x640 and they are all PC's (real
    computers). Perhaps
    someone wise in the ways of technology will let us know why the 480x640
    setting is used.

                                                            Woody in KC

    mdecker wrote:

    > I used my "New" Web page at school for the first time today on the Mac
    > computers (I had an overflow of students and needed to use four Macs)...and
    > YUCK! MY page looked absolutely horrible on the MAC! The Macs are set up at
    > 480 x640 resolution.
    > http://elms.elida.k12.oh.us/~jdecker
    This site would not pull up for me (refused connection)

    > http://www2.wcoil.com/~mdecker
    This is the site I visited

    --
                           To respond to me privately via E-mail