Re: Panthose Sculptures (Gail)

From: Janjarreau
Date: Tue Apr 11 2000 - 18:06:16 PDT

    In a message dated 4/10/00 10:45:35 PM Central Daylight Time,
    Gail1611 writes:
    <<
     How did you have the kids paint or finish the sculptures. We're almost to
     that point. Gail

    Many have finished today and the rest will finish tomorrow. We had a lot of
    latex paint donated to us by Sherwin Williams. They were miss tints, but are
    really great colors. Nobody luckily has been alergic to the paint smell...
    Some are painting designs, but a lot of them did the drip painting like
    Jackson Pollock. I was trilled with this at first b/c it gave me the
    opportunity to talk about another artist, but I am now realizing they are
    just having a jolly good time using unlimited paint. Some have repainted
    theirs 2 or 3 times once they realized I am not starting them on another
    project until Thurs. and am having them DRAW their sculpture on all 4 sides
    (on paper.) Tomorrow I will have them do something others have suggested on
    the list.
        Some of the most stunning ones are simple; like red with wide gold
    stripes. Some have done some blending and drybrushing. I suggest if they
    start to paint like a style of a famous artist then you might can feed on
    that. I don't think however they are familiar with too many artists. (middle
    school) They are pleased with the project and so am I. I may post my test
    and if anybody is interested. I plan to make it easy b/c they really are not
    scheduled to have a test now. I am just getting some practice.
    Janice

    ---