Working alongside students

From: Iteachart7
Date: Tue Apr 11 2000 - 16:11:08 PDT

    The best thing about working this way is that after the kids see me work
    (about 5 mins) I turn it over to them and llet them demo to the class. I
    usually don't have to pull teeth to get these volunteers, The first ones are
    always the ones that pay attention! Then, They get called upon for help. It
    works great. I give these helpers extra time ( our last class period ia
    always studyhall) in last period. It's turned some kids around.
    Peace
    Gabrielle

    ---