Re: Don'tchaloveit (NO)!!!!!

From: J Baas (wjbaas)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2000 - 19:23:32 PDT

    Hey you Artsnetters,
        Woah , did I hit a nerve with some of you? I consider myself a fair
    person and a fair grader. this student does only what's asked of her in
    class. Does no outside work and only works enough to get the job done.
    Yes she has some ability. yes the objectives are clearly WRITTEN and
    POSTED. It's the MOM that wants her to have an A. She's a good solid B
    student, but no more than that. My objection is the VP interferring in
    the grading process which she knows nothing about--------never asked
    what the kids are supposed to do nor an explanation.
        Seems to me kids are graded on athletic ability too eh? Now how does
    that compare? I grade kids on effort , energy and interest. My classes
    are multi age and multi talent and multi ability. I have a mixed bag
    with inclusion(kids that are CD and LD ) some of these kids work so hard
    and do the very best they can. This kind of effort is an A in my book.
        Incidently, narry a word from the VP nor the Mom since I stood my
    ground.
    Thanks for all your support and interest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    dj wrote:

    > Art isn't easy
    > Artie
    >
    > Great comment Artie!!! never knew you had to think sooooo much to do

    ---