Felderman publications

From: John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Date: Tue Apr 11 2000 - 14:01:22 PDT

    http://www.naea-reston.org/publications-list.html

    No. 252 Teaching Art And So On
    By Edmund Burke Feldman. NAEA's newest addition to its Noted Scholar
    Series. His insights: On Art Theory— "I think theory should have a
    shelf-life of at
    least a generation; it should be valid for a longer period than it
    takes to write a dissertation; and it should be the product of
    mature reflection upon the art created
    in many climes, at many times, by many peoples. Most important, art
    education theory should be centered on processes that lead to, or
    flow from, the
    production of visual images. In other words, leave the brain
    physiology to neuroanatomists." On Technology— "Educators tend to
    think that when a new kind
    of hardware comes along it should be incorporated somehow into our
    instructional delivery system. But that, I fear, is a rather
    simple-minded way to respond to
    a new technology. Thus far, teaching with computers has not
    accomplished much that matters; watching films instead of reading
    books does not solve our basic
    educational problems; and substituting photography for drawing makes
    little sense from an artistic standpoint."
    27 pgs. {1994} ISBN 0-937652-84-9
    $7.00; Member Price $5.00

    No. 270 Becoming Human Through Art
    By Edmund Burke Feldman. An NAEA 1997 reprint of the classic art
    education text to celebrate NAEA's 50th Anniversary. Out of print
    until now, Becoming
    Human Through Art is an important text for future teachers and
    members as well as for libraries and staff development collections.
    389 pgs. {Reprinted 1997}
    $25.00; Member Price $20.00

    I don't know if this is the same Feldman but I found it on the Naea
    publications page above.
    Sandra

    astroboy

    ---