Re: Easy Class

From: Christa Wise (
Date: Tue Apr 11 2000 - 06:05:08 PDT

    "We can't stop the counselors but we can keep our on reputation high by not
    compromising the quality of the instruction." Ken Schwab

    I agree. Some top students are even a little troubled about taking art for
    fear of threatening their GPA. They know how to get A's in a class that
    has a text and where "right" is black or white, but are often worried about
    a class with no right answers, where the answers come from within. They are
    insecure in "right-brain" land.

    My school also has an "All-Work" policy. Every assignment must be turned
    in to pass. It has a tendency to eliminate D's as once all the work is in,
    a student will usually earn a C, while the student missing assignments
    fails. In my art room, this makes every assignment serious. After all, if
    a job is worth doing, it is imperative to finish. Your hairdresser doesn't
    get paid for 90% of a haircut. The roofer doesn't get to finish "most" of
    your roof. Credit in class follows doing all the work. It is training for
    the real world.