Re: Adinkra print photos

From: Rdunkelart
Date: Mon Apr 10 2000 - 17:48:26 PDT

    In a message dated 4/10/00 4:56:02 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
    astroboy writes:

    << http://members2.clubphoto.com/art216973/ >>

    Sandra - these photos are great and the project terrific. I tried Adinkra
    cloth two years ago and I think I was trying to be traditional (instructions
    from somewhere)
    We mixed up a flour paste and stamped African designs on muslin, let it dry
    and
    then dipped it in a dark blue rit dye. It was a mess to make but the end
    product
    turned out great. We then scraped off the flour paste at the end and had a
    white
    resist design. I think I like the simplicity of your project and may try it
    your way next year. Thanks for sharing. Roberta

    ---