Re: to Pam//Congrats Sharon

From: Sharon Henneborn (heneborn)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2000 - 16:13:44 PDT

    Meeting Pam and many others on the list has been one of my life
    treasures. Thanks for the good words.

    ----------
    Subject: Re: Congrats Sharon
    >Date: Mon, Apr 10, 2000, 5:52 PM

    >> I sweated bullets for weeks over
    >> how to speak to master teachers and say something significant. As my
    >> mouth opened I changed the whole thing. When I sat down my husband
    >> said, "Where did that come from?" Who knows?
    >> A little belated but just as sincere-CONGRATULATIONS
    >> Sharon!!!!!!!!!!! on art educator of the year. This would be me
    >> above, except when I opened my mouth nothing would come out and my
    >> skirt ( which I never wear ) would fall down.

    > I don't believe that any of us who heard Sharon speak realized that she was
    > speaking off the cuff. She was so self-assured and collected. Her talk was
    > inspirational. I wish you could have all heard her. The opening few
    > sentences of her talk brought the audience to rapt attention.

    > A funny little aside about Sharon. Sharon and I communicated through
     Artsednet for quite some time before one of us (I can't remember
    which one) mentioned an event and place. We suddenly realized that
    we had lived in the same small North Texas town a while back. Part
    of that time I was working in retail and Sharon actually shopped in
    my store! We also shared the life experience of a massive tornado
    that devastated the town. So, seeing Sharon receive her award was a
    real treat for me.

     Pam
     http://www.ARTeaches.com

    ---