early finishers

From: JudyandharryS
Date: Mon Apr 10 2000 - 15:05:36 PDT

    I've collected things from second hand stores and flea markets and keep them
    in a cabinet for observational drawing. When a project is finished,
    students get something from the cabinet and draw it as realistically
    possible. I also have a few books on drawing and cartooning, which the may
    use. All work goes into their folders for credit.
    No one may sit around doing nothing, and it cuts down (I didn't say
    eliminates) the
    "What do I do now?" refrain.
     Judy

    ---