Re: Congrats Sharon

From: PGStephens
Date: Mon Apr 10 2000 - 14:52:12 PDT

    In a message dated 4/10/00 4:26:01 PM Central Daylight Time,
    astroboy writes:

    > I sweated bullets for weeks over
    > > how to speak to master teachers and say something significant. As my
    > > mouth opened I changed the whole thing. When I sat down my husband
    > > said, "Where did that come from?" Who knows?
    > A little belated but just as sincere-CONGRATULATIONS
    > Sharon!!!!!!!!!!! on art educator of the year. This would be me
    > above, except when I opened my mouth nothing would come out and my
    > skirt ( which I never wear ) would fall down.

    I don't believe that any of us who heard Sharon speak realized that she was
    speaking off the cuff. She was so self-assured and collected. Her talk was
    inspirational. I wish you could have all heard her. The opening few
    sentences of her talk brought the audience to rapt attention.

    A funny little aside about Sharon. Sharon and I communicated through
    Artsednet for quite some time before one of us (I can't remember which one)
    mentioned an event and place. We suddenly realized that we had lived in the
    same small North Texas town a while back. Part of that time I was working in
    retail and Sharon actually shopped in my store! We also shared the life
    experience of a massive tornado that devastated the town. So, seeing Sharon
    receive her award was a real treat for me.

    Pam
    http://www.ARTeaches.com

    ---