early finishers

From: Teri Mason (terily)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2000 - 13:15:59 PDT

    Janice,
      Do you have any adopted textbooks for art at your school? Or the
    closest elem (I forgot your level). If so, go and make copies of the
    worksheets they have in the highest level of student book. Find the
    ones that are related to your project at hand and have them for students
    to work on when they finish. Also a great resource are the workpages in
    School ARts, done by Ande Cook. He (she?) has a book called 50 NIfty
    THrifty Art Activities, which I had to wait FOREVER to get from
    Amazon.com, but worth it. Activities like: Draw someone really tall;
    someone really small, someone in a crazy hat. Or: Draw words to show
    their meaning (for ex: "fire" has flames leaping from it, "fish" is in
    the shape of a fish). Or Create a menu, Create masks, etc. It's a
    lifesaver with my 6th grade classes!

    teri

    ---