Easy Class

From: Jackie Aust (jab1997)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2000 - 10:52:32 PDT

    I know for a fact that I am not the only art teacher that gets the
    statement "This is art, an easy 100 grade" or " I have to make a 100 in
    here to keep my GPA. Why can't you give me a 100? I do all my work,
    show up to class all the time. I can't help it if I can't draw." Or
    better yet, the statement from the counselor, " Let's put them in art,
    they donut have work to make up in there, or it is easier for them to
    pass"

    Does this bother others like it does me and how do you handle that. If
    any of you have administrators who view art differently, please let me
    hear from you.

    I have even asked an administrator how I could get a better evaluation
    from him, his reply. It is just art, an elective (even though the
    district does make it requirement to graduate - he still sees as an
    elective), I would not worry about it.

    Frustrated in Texas

    ---