Re: Using Art Museums

From: Pam Stephens (pstephens)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2000 - 10:48:25 PDT

    Allison:

    A museum educator from the Amon Carter Museum in Fort Worth will have an article published in "Trends: the Journal of the Texas Art Education Association" next month. This article is about an effective school/museum collaboration wherein museum educators sit on school site-based management teams and the schools, in turn, utilize the museum as an extension (not just an enhancement) of the classroom.

    This same museum educator had a shorter version of her article published in the North TX Institute for Educators on the Visual Arts newsletter last fall.

    If these articles sound helpful to you, let me know and I can provide to you.

    Regards,
    Pam Stephens

    >>> tratneab 04/10/00 12:23 PM >>>
    Hi Carla-
    Thanks for responding...I've been searching for
    opinions from teachers and also for things that have
    been published on the subject. Do you know of any
    articles that have been written or could you suggest
    some publications I should check out?

    Thanks, Allison