Re: Painting on Ceramics

From: Todd Osborne (osborne)
Date: Sun Apr 09 2000 - 20:14:43 PDT

    You need to use a commercial overglaze or china paint. When fired to cone
    019
    it will be permanent and food safe. You can also use this overglaze to
    silkscreen onto relatively flat glazed ceramics like plates, which is how
    the logo was probably done.

    Todd Osborne
    osborne

    Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist.

    > I want to paint a name on a commercially produced mug that has the
    name
    > of a business on it. The business name and logo look like they might have
    > been silk screened. I need to have the mug be washable, and do not know
    what
    > to use to paint the name. Suggestions, anyone?
    > Janealla

    ---