Re: Working alongside students...?

From: Iteachart7
Date: Sun Apr 09 2000 - 17:03:42 PDT

    In a message dated 4/8/00 10:54:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time, koordt
    writes:

    > But right now, is anyone using problem based education? I'm encouraging my
    > students
    > to take over the class this last quarter and bring in projects they want
    > do from
    > home, or contribute to a video on art history: a Dave Letterman style talk
    > show,
    > complete with commercial interruptions and news broadcast, using kids who
    > want to
    > be actors, kids who want to be the tech crew (camera operators, sound,
    > lights, and
    > scripts). We want to put it on the Public Access channel in town (that
    will
    > be
    > their "A+" grade)
    Tom
    We just completed this whole scenerio from talk show to commercials to news
    cast, the works. I was very impressed with most of the performances. It was
    a lot of work, took one marking period, but I video tapped them and they
    loved watching their own performance.
    Good luck!
    Peace
    Gabrielle