Time to dye paper

From: Rick (rlarson)
Date: Sun Apr 09 2000 - 13:30:45 PDT

    Hi, I just wanted to share something that I do with the 1st graders this
    time of year. Folding and dying paper towels or dipity dye paper- As
    old as the hills, this project never ceases to amaze and inform the
    little ones. I use regular diluted food color in seperate paint cups
    and Bounty plain white paper towels, or the Really good ones that our
    custodians use. Sometimes we color on them first, and with Earth Day
    coming up, this is an easy and effective lesson that can be easily
    adapted to alot of themes. Easy clean up, I save the dyes in old peanut
    butter jars. I have 5 sections of 1st graders, and I'm looking forward
    to easy clean-up for a week. My room is a mess! Betsy

    ---