Your Tax Money at Work (resent)

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan)
Date: Sun Apr 09 2000 - 11:48:09 PDT

    Attention,
          A lot of money was budgeted for the census this year. Some of it went
    to print
    high quality posters to promote the census. A lot of those posters may
    have already
    been thrown out. Frani and I just happened on to a census storefront
    Saturday, while
    in Lawrence. I'm not complaining about how my tax money was spent
    because they
    choose to use good minority artists for the posters. We are always
    short of these
    kind of images. Move quickly to find the number or location of a nearby census
    office and call them. The posters are an invaluable resource and they
    will be thrown
    out if we do not act. We were allowed to take down posters on display.
    Then the census
    worker said, there are many more in my trunk that will just be thrown
    away. We
    came away with about 50 posters (4 artists) there may be more ??????
          Romare Bearden "Family"
          Jacob Lawrence "The Library"
          Allan Houser "Buffalo Dance Relief"
          Herb Kawainui Kane "The new Quilt"
    I'm laminating two of each for my classroom and giving the rest to other
    art teachers
    in my district. Kara, that means you had better come to computer class
    on Monday.
                            Go get them, Woody in KC

    --
                           To respond to me privately via E-mail