Re: Panty Hose sculpture

From: Janjarreau
Date: Sun Apr 09 2000 - 10:03:29 PDT

        A quick update on their progress. They are going great. This is a
    keeper. Even the difficult kids has turned around and attitudes have made a
    360. The only problem was a few boys in 6th. period seem to be zipping
    through the painting process. I wanted this part to slow down, but for some
    reason they zip through all of their projects. I plan to have them read
    about Henry Moore Monday and not let them paint at all. All should however
    finish with this by Wed. and I will need to give them a quiz.
          Do you have any suggestions for students who finish early. I will not
    let them dictate when I will start the next project. The co-op does that
    then it makes the other students rush through their project. I plan to turn
    this around and let the more serious students dictate the pace of my classes.
     What do you think and what should I have the others do during the
    transition? They tend to get into trouble when they have nothing to do.
    Thanks.
    Janice

    ---