Re: NAEA Conference Printing Workshop

From: ARTNSOUL12
Date: Sun Apr 09 2000 - 08:28:56 PDT

    To Judy and anyone else interested in info on this lesson: I was one of the
    unfortunate ones who did not get a handout. I went to the copy room to buy
    one and it was closed, so here's the info from my notes: This lesson was
    done with middle school children but can easily be adapted for all ages. The
    printing was referred to as Illusionary Printing because artwork was printed
    on acetate. Two or three layers of the print were moved 30 degrees each in
    "shadowbox-type" framing with foamcore in between to separate the layers and
    build them up.. Does this make sense the way I'm describing it? The
    presenters mentioned using Photoshop/Painter, cutting up moire patterns,
    scanning in computer. Also, print with tempera paint and Ross art paste on
    the dull side of alluminum foil, freezer paper, fine sandpaper and put
    through Dot Matrix. Another idea for printing is a 6"x6" hand drawing with
    fine line marker. Scan drawing into computer using Photoshop. Manipulate
    lines on the computer, print on acetate (acetate for jetprinter available at
    Staples). Print background layer on paper. I think an e-mail was given out
    for this workshop, anyone have it? Susan on Long Island

    ---