Re: Painting on Ceramics

From: AALBAINY
Date: Sun Apr 09 2000 - 08:17:08 PDT

    In a message dated 4/8/00 9:05:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time, DrawntoU
    writes:

    << know what
     to use to paint the name. Suggestions, anyone? >>
    I have used a brand called Perm Enamel....made by Delta. They suggest that
    after you are done painting you coat the painted area with a clear coat, that
    they also sell. I don't care for the clear coat, but I do bake the item in
    the oven @ about 275* for 1/2 an hour. Put the item to be baked in a COLD
    oven turn it on, and shut the oven off after the 1/2 hour but leave the item
    in the oven until it is cooled. I have used this method with wine glasses,
    mugs and plates, and have been able to put them in the dishwasher. I have
    found other major brands to be too transparent for the work I was doing.
    Good Luck.

    ---