Re: Introduction and Request for Help

From: Susan Bennett (sbennett)
Date: Sun Apr 09 2000 - 06:50:06 PDT

    Will you have access to a central purchasing plan? There is often a
    cooperative buying plan in many areas. Our public schools do this and we may
    secure basics at a much reduced cost. I too am in Ohio and I know this is
    available in many areas. I buy several reams of 24 x 36 white sulphite
    about 80lb wieght. I buy alot of the 12" x 18" white drawing same weight
    and type. Tempera, several sizes of brushes, acrylic polymer, clay, brayers,
    printing ink, scissors, glue, pastels, oil pastels, charcoal, paper clips,
    staplers, hole punches, metalyn or ross papier mache paste. Things from home
    could be the glue, scissors, crayons, colored pencils, markers, rulers.Other
    things from homes yarns, needles, threads, empty containers for water
    buckets, a uniform size helps. Collect foam lunch trays for many uses from
    the school cafeteria.. Make shift clay tools can start you off, box of paper
    clips and popsicle sticks, old odds and ends. I am in Kettering Ohio, You
    would be very welcome to visit to check out my room and supplies. Susan in
    Ohio artsbennett is another email you may reach me. Best wishes.
    I had a student teacher this year who is and has been a professional artist
    for 20 years. She found jsut watching other peoples systems helpful. Tha
    goes for all of us.