NAEA

From: Judie (judiej50)
Date: Sun Apr 09 2000 - 06:09:20 PDT

    For some reason this didn't go through the first time, so I'll try again.

    To:Bunki, Carolyn and others: thanks for all the energy and time you put
    into researching the future of this listserv. This information is very
    helpful in trying to understand the future of the communications among the
    members. It has
    become a morning ritual and a source of inspiration and information
    gathering for me, and I'll miss it terribly if it does end--although it
    doesn't sound as though it is going in that direction.

    I just finished writing up my report for our curriculum director,
    summarizing the conference and information about new learnings,
    re-learnings, affirmations about my teaching, and ways I can improve. This
    really got the juices flowing again about just how important these
    conferences are. There were certainly some down times and disappointments,
    but they were far outnumbered by the wonderful experiences in most of the
    sessions,lectures,tours and meetings with artsednet members.

    The last day for me was Monday, and it was jam packed from the beginning to
    end. I'm still spinning from the fast pace, jetlag, time change, etc. I
    hope to share some of the specifics in the sessions I attended later.
    Right now, I'm still trying to get my bearings and reenter a very hectic
    school environment!!! My colleagues were pleased with the See's lollipops
    I picked up at the airport and passed out on my return on Wednesday!

    All of the comments by Maggie, Sharon, Judy, etc. are well stated and cover
    many of the same issues each of us have with the conferences. I think the
    sessions on assessment and curriculum are important issues to look at, and
    it is something I feel I need help with, however, the hands-on sessions are
    most helpful in nurturing our creative sources that get so drained in the
    classroom.

    I feel I need a long, long weekend to sort through all of the information I
    picked up just to be able to process it.

    The visual image of someone's description of the outside elevator shooting
    out of the water and covered area of the building to the higher elevations
    of the top floors brings a nostalgic smile. "Art teachers in flight!!!!!"
    BTW I didn't discover until the last day that I didn't HAVE to take only
    the red elevator up to the 19th floor to my room--DUH! I walked that
    circle in the water splashed lobby a gazillion times, and the last day my
    suitcase was so heavy with the "stuff" I had accumulated, the bellboy had
    trouble transporting it to the shuttle! It's good to be home!!!

    Judie
    Atlanta

    ---