Re: Summer Arts programs in Greece

From: Tom Dempsey (finearts)
Date: Sat Apr 08 2000 - 22:05:58 PDT

    Hello Rick - We run a 3 week program in July on the island of Skopelos the
    focus of which is Artist's Books. We also run programs in June in painting
    and photography. Most teachers are working through June so July may be a
    great opportunity to get together, learn some new techniques, and and get a
    body of work together.

    The instructor is Peter Madden who is well known in the field of Artist's
    Books and a very popular teacher in the Boston area (and a lot of fun!).

    Skopelos is really a magnificent island and we also include 2 days in
    Athens and an overnight trip to the mountains of central Greece. With a
    series of "cultural workshops" we present some clues to the practices of
    the Greeks of today and their connection to the world of the "ancient
    Greeks". These informal discussions often stimulate a great deal of content
    in participant's work.

    You can visit our webpage at http://users.otenet.gr/~finearts for more info
    if you wish.

     If you are interested (Rick or anyone) please contact me soon for a
    brochure and application as we are approaching the deadline and we need to
    make arrangements.

    The cost w/o airfare is $2000.

    Tom Dempsey
    Island Center for the Arts
    Skopelos 37003 Greece

    >Hi - I'm a college instructor and I read somewhere that there was a summer
    >arts program in Greece in July. I heard that it specializes in Artist's
    >Books. If anyone has any information on it I'd really appreciate it - thanks
    >! - Rick
    >
    >---

    ---