Re: Working alongside students...?

From: CastinPhan
Date: Sat Apr 08 2000 - 16:31:09 PDT

    As for working along with my students...I did a couple of times, but I teach
    elementary art and the students are constantly comparing their work to mine.
    What they fail to realize is that I have been doing this for years and years.
     They get discouraged easily. In this age of instant gratification I am very
    apprehensive about doing my work along side of them so they are allowed to
    explore on their own and find their own solutions, and not get discouraged if
    it doesn't look like mine. I think that takes some of the fun out of it for
    them. Just my opinion

    Sal
    Anne M Jeans Elementary

    ---