Re: NAEA Conference

From: gregjuli
Date: Sat Apr 08 2000 - 11:54:55 PDT

    I'm sorry to hear about the let down you experienced due to the poor timing of your
    presentation.
    As I was chatting with people in line to go to the Getty, we discussed how
    unfortunate it will be to those giving presentations. So I'm glad you wrote about
    your experience and please mention it to the future planners. I guess there will
    always be people who don't get the best times, but planning presentations at the
    same time as the Getty trip was very poor planning for NAEA. If NAEA wants to
    continue to get quality presenters, as yourself, that take so much time and energy to
    plan something, then they should use some common sense.
    It seems there were other things that didn't go quite well in the planning, such as
    people not getting convention information and registration in a timely manner or
    presenters not knowing if and when they were going to present.
    I mentioned these problems at the Middle Level Division Committee meeting. They said
    they were aware of the problems this year. Hopefully things will go smoother in the
    future. But in all I did have a great time at the conference. It must be quite a
    job to plan such a huge gathering of people.
    MaryB

    > Kay Broadwater wrote-

    > The one on Sunday was about the new
    > Arts Integration Institute here at Towson University. I presented this with my
    > colleague Jane Bates and about 35 people attended. But the one on Monday was
    > about my passion-
    > . I had 4 people attend my
    > session. Some of the other people presenting between 1:00 and 4:00 had zero
    > attendance and just folded up shop!

    ---