Online Collaboration

From: Berquist (berquist)
Date: Sat Apr 08 2000 - 07:54:17 PDT

    Dear Netters,
    I've posted this info before, but thought some of you (editors in
    particular) might be interested in a reminder.  There is an online site
    called TAPPED IN that is a professional development conference center
    for educators.  TAPPED IN is a MUVE (Multi User Virtual Environment)
    that allows you to communicate in real time as well as to use several
    tools to communicate asynchronously (notes, whiteboards, bulletin
    boards, answering machines).  IT IS NOT A CHAT ROOM.  You do not have to
    be a techno wizard to use this technology. (In the words of my
    son-in-law, "BJ did it.  How hard could it be?"....he hasn't learned
    about paybacks yet!)  The TAPPED IN environment is a great place to hold
    meetings with colleagues, share URLs, and have fun.  Many resources,
    both human and virtual, are available.   There are several sites to help
    you learn about navigating the environment.  If you go to the home page
    http://www.tappedin.org there are links on the blue spine on the left of
    the page that can give you more information.  There is usually someone
    logged in from 8am - 8pm PDT weekdays if you have any questions.  If you
    have any trouble logging in, you can send a message to
    contactus

    Respectfully submitted,
    BJ Berquist (BJB)
    Associate Educator, TAPPED IN