Re: NAEA Conference

From: ARTNSOUL12
Date: Sat Apr 08 2000 - 06:42:34 PDT

    I loved so many things about the LA Conference. I enjoyed meeting some of
    the people on this list- Marcia Scurfield, Ken Schwab and his friend, Maggie
    White, and Sharon Henneborn(although I'm sure the last name is wrong, she's
    the Elementary Educator of the Year for New Jersey). We had dinner together
    and it was terrific company- I've made new friends! Bunkie, I wasn't able to
    see your workshop but was definitely looking for you. I missed you and many
    others..oh, well, there's always next year. The most dynamic person at the
    conference was definitely my new friend, Debbie West from Georgia, winner of
    the Youth Art Month Award- what a bundle of positive energy! Sorry I just
    couldn't get up for the 6:30 breakfast that Sax arranged. Speaking of Sax,
    Judy you are the BEST. I picked up some interesting lesson plans at your
    booth along with some samples of interesting new papers! O.k., everyone,
    look for a paper called Folia Transparent Rainbow paper # 415189 on page 8.
    When the paper is wet, it can be pressed into any form and takes that shape
    when dry. Also the Folio Honeycomb Paper #406238 on page 8 looked fasinating.
     Judy, do you have those lessons posted on the web?

    My favorite workshops included Illusionary Printing (new printing ideas for
    me), A Sampling of Elementary Art Experiences by Amy Weiner the Pacific
    Elementary Art Educator 1999-2000, Art Room Movement (tips on how to arrange
    an art room), The Empowered Art Teacher ( more ideas), Elementary Division
    Art Educators Showcase, and Teaching Students About Abstraction by Maggie
    White. If anyone wants more info on any of these workshops, please just let
    me know and I will explain. Susan on Long Island

    ---