Andy Goldsworthy at Phoenix NAEA?

From: mscurfield (mscurfield)
Date: Fri Apr 07 2000 - 21:04:19 PDT

    Dear favorite support group,

    Once again, I need your help. I have been drafted to be site coordinator for the Kansas Art Education Association fall conference in Wichita--2002 and have been pondering a keynote speaker.

    Did any of you see Andy Goldsworthy speak at the NAEA in Phoenix back in 1991 or 1992? Sometimes artists are wonderful speakers and sometimes they are not. I would have to get an art museum and maybe the university to co-sponsor his visit. We have a fabulous new museum called Exploration Place, designed by Moshe Safdie which is on a unique and beautiful site along the Arkansas River and perhaps they would want to partner and have Andy Goldsworthy create art at their outdoor site.

    I saw where the Herbert F. Johnson Museum of Art is having him come to do an installation. Of course, Cornell University's gorges are works of art in themselves. He might balk at coming to Wichita!

    Any input out there? Hey, maybe I could apply for a Getty grant!

    Hopefully,
    Marcia, Derby, KS

    ---