NAEA Presentations

From: mscurfield (mscurfield)
Date: Fri Apr 07 2000 - 20:50:35 PDT

    Thanks for giving us the direction we needed on this one Maggie. On my way home today after taking slides of the Spring Art Show I about half decided to send in a proposal for next year. My favorite workshops are the ones where people just basically share their favorite and most successful lessons, with slides of the results. Although I'm deathly afraid of speaking in front of groups--I think I could share slides on a screen, make some overheads, handouts of lesson plans, etc. The room the handouts would take up in my suitcase would be handy for bringing back goodies from the vendors, museum exchange, etc! I have given a workshop for Arts Partners called Webbing the Visual Arts to the Curriculum Four: Math, Science, Language Arts and Social Studies. It was mostly a hands-on workshop and this would be a slide talk, but many of the concepts would transfer of course.

    Thanks for the encouragement and I just wanted to say I enjoyed dinner with you on Thursday night.

    Sincerely,
    Marcia, Derby, KS

    ---