Re: Don'tchaloveit (NO)!!!!!

From: Pablo90512
Date: Fri Apr 07 2000 - 19:25:36 PDT

    If the student meets the objectives you are graded accordingly. ... If you
    have good objectives...students hopefully will understand why they get the
    grades they get and know the mark they must strive for.

    Unfortunately parents who have not been taught with objectives for art...tend
    to think that everyone deserves an A ...it is just plain ignorance...and
    unfortunately we have more then parents that think like that...plenty of
    staff too. I flunked two children this year in 6th grade...I thought all
    sorts of stuff would hit the fan but surprisingly no calls..this is what
    happened...The one student really buckled down the following semester and did
    super.... and the other child's parent told him that it doesn't matter what
    grades you get until you reach 9th grade. He proceeded to truly go on a
    downward spiral.....he is now flunking English and Math too. I felt bad
    because he is truley a talented art student...just does what he feels like.
    Laurie

    ---