Re: Balsa foam

From: Deeknik
Date: Fri Apr 07 2000 - 18:22:17 PDT

    I have used the balsa foam for several years with good results. The dust and
    the small size are drawbacks. I had several student wanting larger pieces
    this year. While I was wandering around Wal-Mart looking for still-life
    objects I came across florist type foam. I got a few pieces and had students
    try this. The carving was not as easy to control as the Balsa foam. They
    painted the forms with primer before painting. The results were pretty good.

    Debbie
    NE Texas

    ---