Daily Participation Sheet

From: dj (djash)
Date: Fri Apr 07 2000 - 18:03:52 PDT

    Thanks for inquiring about my Daily Grade Sheet. I will send all sheets
    out on Monday. I really do hope they help you all. If you think you have
    a better way after seeing them..... please share with me. This is what I
    do with them..... I teach HS, so the first day of each marking period
    each student fills one out. Each one of my kids get a job for the making
    period. They have a choice. They can volunteer for a job OR if they
    refuse to take one. If they refuse at the end of the marking period,
    they get a "0" for the job skill responsibility grade. Only once did I
    have a kid refuse and only for one marking period. I put all the grade
    sheets in a binder. Each class is separated by those colored tags. At
    the end of each class period, while I am watching them (supervising)
    clean up, I check off ONLY the problems and make quick notes at the
    bottom of the sheet if I think I need too. At the end of the marking
    period, I have written proof of their behavior and classroom
    participation along with dates. Just had a parent conference. Went so
    very well, especially after I presented my sheet of daily notes. For
    those of you who didn't include an address, I need school addresses as
    I will send sheets out by snail mail. I'll also included a job list if
    you all want. These Lists change according to projects. I hang these up
    around the room and also put a copy in my binder at the beginning of
    each class section. Everything is in my computer, so when needed I just
    print it out, take it to school and photocopy. I keep my official roll
    book for taking roll and grading projects. PLEASE let me know if you
    have any questions once you get the sheets.
    Donna

    djash

    ---