NAEA Conf. in L.A.

From: DRITTART
Date: Fri Apr 07 2000 - 05:47:57 PDT

    I seem to take longer than some of you to get back to reality. I loved most
    of the workshops that I went to. I am an elementary teacher. Sometimes I went
    to 5 or 6 in a row with no time to eat. However, everyone else from my
    district were middle school or highschool and I heard them all complaining. I
    agree that the workshops should have been described more. I went to one that
    was definitely for highschool about creating a star book. This is the first
    time I have been to a conference and did not present. I know that it is very
    hard to do and takes a lot of time and effort. I was sorry to hear about the
    rude people who ruined some of your presentations. Some people just have to
    feed their egos. It will take me some time to decide what my favorites were
    but I will share when I have time. I especially remember the art teacher
    from New Jersey. I get less than a dollar per student per year and he gets
    $5000.00.
    It was great getting to meet other artsednetters and seeing smiling "Judy."
    Meeting for breakfast at the crack of dawn was great when it was spent with
    such a positive group. Darlene

    ---