Re:

From: Tmcnorf
Date: Fri Apr 07 2000 - 03:59:56 PDT

    In a message dated 4/5/00 9:22:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time, jfgro
    writes:

    <<
     Elizabeth Shipley wrote:

    > Hello Art Gurus
    > The Board of Education for our altrnative high school is meeting at our
    > school and we are putting up a small exhibition of art work mostly tye
    > dyes, ceramics and calligraphy. We would like them to evaluate the art and
    > give us some feed back. Any suggestions for a form?
    > Thank you in advance.
    > Elizabeth Shipley

     at our last "festival of the arts" i gave each artwork a number and left a
    box (similar to a ballot box) in the art room. i left the sheets that i do
    with my seventh graders on art criticism that include description, analysis,
    interpretation, and judgment. the sheets are pretty self explanitory, but i
    have several seventh graders there to give directions and guide the public
    (parents) through it. they pick one work and do a real critique. i've had
    real good, and humorous, participation.
    wouldn't the BOE like a little sample of what goes on in the classroom?

    ---