NAEA presentations

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz)
Date: Thu Apr 06 2000 - 22:22:19 PDT

    Sidnie Miller wrote:

    > Generally I think Maggie hit the nail on the head--it's members that do
    > the sessions, so if you weren't satisfied, by all means apply to present
    > next year and show us how it's done!!

    Allow me to give it another whack...

    EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU has a great lesson that others would benefit from
    learning about. It might seem simple or obvious to you, but I can guarantee
    it will be inspirational to someone. Many's the time I've sat in on a
    session, wondering, geez, why didn't I think of that sooner?! It was only at
    that moment it seemed simple and obvious!

    Here's my challenge to you all: choose 2-3 of your favorite lessons and send
    the proposals to NAEA for next year's conference. If you get selected, how
    can your admin turn down your request to go and present at a national
    conference? I'd be glad to help you with the proposal wording (haven't been
    rejected yet, in five years of presenting). If all 1000 of us sent in two
    proposals, wow, some of us are bound to make the cut, and we'll be able to tip
    the balance of presentations to the sort that we find most useful.

    Okay guys, ball's in your court...

    Maggie

    ---