Glaze Craziness

From: gregjuli
Date: Thu Apr 06 2000 - 18:28:05 PDT

    Today I had a first.
    I have this 6th grade class with a number of very challenging boys. They kept
    my poor sub hopping while in LA.
    Anyhow one of the "challenging" boys dared the other to drink glaze......and
    so he did.
    I couldn't believe my eyes as I turned to see this kid with black glaze all
    over his lips-ewww.
    This was happening during clean-up which is busy the way it is. Luckily a 6th
    gr, teacher was in the supply room and I had him take him to the office after
    I had him rinse his mouth a number of times. He said he didn't swallow any,
    but his tongue was still black after rinsing.
    The school nurse came to get more info. She had already called poison control
     This glaze was from Glazewerks and non- toxic. Mom came and picked him up.
    My colleague said glaze has ground glass in it. I don't remember that from my
    glaze mixing days. Is that correct?
    And so life is back to it's normal craziness after enjoying the convention,
    Kids -don't ya just love em!-lol
    MaryB

    ---