Dragon Lady

From: J Baas (wjbaas)
Date: Thu Apr 06 2000 - 18:50:28 PDT

    Hi all you great Arts ed netters

    Thanks so mch for all the positive reinforcement. I feel justified in
    giving the kid the grade that she earned. It's always good to get
    another opinion and you are all so good at that. Just wqanted to make
    sure I wasn't off the wall. Yes you're right about her trying to be in
    control and bully me into pleasing a parent. We have a whole district
    full of those kind of parents. There was a recent incident about the
    soccer coach who turned off profane music some kids were listening to on
    the bus on the way home from a game. Some parents got upset and took
    their complaints all the way to the school board who promptly fired the
    coach who is also on staff as a teacher. Sad when parents believe their
    child can do no wrong. The Nasty dragonlady VP sent me a memo asking me
    to list the girl's progress each week and report it to her. Today was
    supposed to be the 1st such report. The kid was absent. She was supposed
    to see me with the memo. What does that tell ya? Yesterday when giving a
    quiz she hauled out her sketch book with the notes in it for the quiz.
    Needed 2 reminders to put it away. A real sweetie eh?
    Anyway you all give me courage and strength. I can stand up to her. Did
    that before with Union help and a lawyer.
    Thanks a heap!
    how many more days till Spring break?
    ciao
    Gelato